Have I mentioned before how much I adore one-pan meals? With 2 young kids, 3 cats, and a husband who acts like a teenager, they just make my life SO much easier.
This One Pan Cheesy Chili Mac Recipe was a HUGE hit and I’m really excited to share it. I used extra lean ground beef in this, but you could easily substitute ground chicken or turkey if you prefer.
The tender, perfectly seasoned meat is cooked in one skillet along with whole wheat macaroni noodles, and then it’s all topped with gooey, melty Mexican cheese.
Try this recipe, and I’d be surprised if your family didn’t love it as much as mine.
One-Pan Cheesy Chili Mac Recipe
Hearty and delicious, this satisfying dish is sure to be a hit. Tender, juicy ground beef that is seasoned, cooked with whole wheat macaroni, and topped with melted cheese - what’s not to love?
- 8 oz whole wheat macaroni noodles
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef - 96% lean, 4% fat
- 1 medium yellow onion - finely chopped15 oz tomato sauce, 1 can
- 2 cups fat-free beef broth
- 5 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup reduced fat Mexican cheese blend
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in the onion and garlic, and cook until the onion is translucent about 2 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook, breaking the meat up with a wooden spoon as it cooks through until it’s no longer pink.
- Stir in cumin, chili powder, and salt and pepper. Then add in the tomato sauce, and mix well.
- Mix in the macaroni noodles and beef broth. Stir well to mix. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally until pasta is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, uncover, and then top with cheese. Let rest for a few minutes until the cheese melts. Serve immediately.
Serving: 1 cupCalories: 316 kcal (16%)Carbohydrates: 34 g (11%)Protein: 31 g (62%)Fat: 9 g (14%)Saturated Fat: 3.6 g (23%)Fiber: 4.9 g (20%)Sugar: 3.5 g (4%)
Tried this recipe?Let me know how it was!
I cannot tell you what a lifesaver this recipe has been for me. It has gotten even children who would never eat whole wheat macaroni to eat it eagerly!! Everyone loves it! And it’s so quick and easy!!