With my New Year’s Resolution in full swing, I am committed to eating healthy (yet deliciously), and this Lemon Butter Chicken Recipe is an ideal dish! The chicken is cooked to perfection in a velvety lemon butter sauce that is to die for. It’s hard to tell in the photo, but there is spinach in that dish too…it’s just buried under the heavenly sauce. Next time, I’ll try doubling the spinach I used because it wilted so much in the sauce, and there really wasn’t a lot of it in the final product. And at just 5 Smart Points per serving, this dish makes a great Weight Watchers dinner recipe that will help keep you on track without sacrificing flavor.
Lemon Butter Chicken
This simple chicken is not only a breeze to prepare, but it tastes heavenly! Tender chicken thighs are served in a creamy, lemon butter sauce with spinach. Hard to believe this is a Weight Watchers friendly dish.
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 6 thighs)
- 4 tbsp light butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, rub chicken with oil, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a medium sized skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned on each side, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove chicken and set aside. Discard excess fat from pan.
- Melt remaining 2 tbsp butter in skillet. Add in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add in yogurt and parmesan cheese, stir well. Then add in thyme, lemon juice and spinach. Heat until spinach just starts to wilt, about 1 minute.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish, and add in the chicken. Cook, uncovered in oven for about 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet type: Diet tags: gluten free, low fat
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 chicken thigh with sauce and spinach
Each serving = 5 Smart Points
PER SERVING: 210 calories; 10g fat; 4g saturated fat;2g carbohydrates; 0g sugar; 28g protein; 0g fiber