One of the reasons why I love side salads is that it’s a great way to add veggies (and nutrients) to my meal. It’s also a great way to add a pop of color to my meal that just makes it seem more fun and interesting. Fresh salads are just great anyway. They are so refreshing and light that they’re always tasty. This one is full of color with the green cucumbers, red tomatoes and radishes, yellow bell peppers and red onions. The dressing is simple and delicious – one of those vinaigrettes that I love. I always use a little canning jar with a lid to mix up my dressing ingredients. I just toss everything in it and then screw on the lid and shake it up. If you’d like to mix up this salad a bit more, use yellow tomatoes and a red pepper, or a mix of red and yellow tomatoes.
Cucumber and Tomato Salad
This light and refreshing salad is a wonderful side dish. With crisp and fresh veggies topped with a delicious and tangy white wine vinaigrette, this salad will make a nutritious and colorful addition to your meal.
- 4 C cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 C grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 C radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh dill, chopped (more for garnish if desired)
- 1 tsp chives, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- In a small jar or bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients and set aside..
- In a large bowl, toss together the cucumbers, tomatoes and radishes.
- Season the vegetables to taste with salt and pepper..
- Dress the salad and toss to coat.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 0 minute(s)
Diet type: vegetarian, vegan
Diet tags: gluten free, low carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is about 1 cup
Each serving = 7 Smart Points/2 Points
PER SERVING: 85 calories; 7g fat; 1g saturated fat; 5g carbohydrates; 2g sugar; 1g protein; 1g fiber