With the chilly weather finally in full force here in SoCal (and by chilly, I mean 60 degrees), I’ve been ALL about the soups. I find that they are a great way to use up extra veggies before they go bad. So last week, when I found a head of cauliflower in my vegetable drawer that I had forgotten to roast as a side dish one evening, I decided to use it in a quick, easy, and very light Cauliflower Soup Recipe. There are many ways to make cauliflower soup….but this is one of the easiest and fastest. If you want to add an extra flavor boost, try roasting the cauliflower and garlic before adding to the pot! Sooooo good. At just 4 Smart Points, this simple soup makes a great side dish for a chilly day.
Easy Cauliflower Soup
Fast, easy, light and delicious….what more could you ask for?! This creamy cauliflower soup is a breeze to make and pairs wonderfully with your favorite soup or salad.
- 1 large head of cauliflower, florets broken off and stalk roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp light butter
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a large pot over medium high heat and bring to boil, then turn down to medium and let it simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the cauliflower is very soft.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- If the soup is too thick for your taste, add more water or stock. To make the soup thicker, let it simmer on the stove for a while longer to reduce down and thicken. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve garnished with a bit of fresh parsley and a light drizzle of olive oil, if desired.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet type:Diet tags: gluten free, low fat
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 1/2 cups
Each serving = 4 Smart Points
PER SERVING: 123 calories; 3g fat; 1.5g saturated fat; 18g carbohydrates; 10g sugar; 9g protein; 4g fiber