Heaven on a dish, this delightfully easy chicken recipe packs a tremendous flavor punch. The sweet and salty flavors of the olives and apricots are a dream, and the bit of caramelization from the chicken just makes this meal melt in your mouth.
If you aren’t a fan of apricots, this dish would work well with dried prunes or figs too. And I love how simple it is to prepare! I literally had it in my fridge within 5 minutes, then I just let it sit overnight, so by the time the next evening rolled around, I simply had to toss it in the oven and forget about it. Serve with your favorite salad or steamed veggies, and serve atop some warm, while wheat couscous if you have a few extra Points to spare.
- 2 lbs chicken thighs skinless, boneless
- 3/4 cup green olives
- 1/3 cup dried apricots chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup sherry vinegar
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, olives, garlic and apricots. Then, whisk together the oil and vinegar, oregano, and salt and pepper. Pour mixture over chicken, cover, refrigerate, and let marinate overnight.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator 1 hour before cooking. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour chicken and any remaining marinade into a large baking dish. Pour the wine over the chicken, then sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, basting and turning the thighs every 20 minutes or so, until the juices run clear.