Serve up this Broccoli and Cheddar Crustless Quiche at your next Sunday brunch, and it’s sure to become a family favorite! Most quiche recipes are meant to be healthy and light, but the addition of a high fat crust can often overshadow all the positive nutritional elements of the dish. By ditching the crust, we keep this quiche light and nutritious. The key is to make sure that the eggs are enhanced with delicious flavor to makeup for the lack of crust. I highly recommend using an extra sharp cheddar if you can find it, as it really kicks up the flavor! At just 4 Smart Points for 1/6th of the quiche, this dish is the perfect addition to any brunch, dinner, or potluck.
- 1 10-12oz package broccoli florets fresh or frozen, chopped
- 1/2 medium sized onion thinly sliced
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tbsp light butter
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 3/4 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and mist a pie plate with non-fat cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in the onion and garlic, and sauté for about 2 minutes. Add in the broccoli, and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until broccoli is tender. Season with a bit of salt and pepper. Pour into prepared pie pan. Top with the shredded cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Season with additional salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into the pie pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until top is golden and a knife inserted in center comes out clean; let stand 5 minutes.
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1/6th of quiche
Each serving = 4 Smart Points
PER SERVING: 123 calories; 7g fat; 3.5g sat fat; 5.5g carbohydrates; 0g fiber; 1g sugar; 9.5g protein