Fourth of July festivities are just around the corner, and it’s time to start thinking about some low Smart Points meal options that you can serve or bring. And this Mediterranean Baked Tilapia Recipe is a great option! While everyone else is slaving over a hot grill, you can pop these tilapia fillets in the oven and forget about it! It’s super easy to make, and the wonderful herbs and spices help to give the mild tilapia a most amazing flavor. The fish fillets are roasted in an incredible buttery lemon sauce, making it perfectly moist and flaky. At just 3 Smart Points per serving, serve this Mediterranean Baked Tilapia with some salad, steamed veggies, and potatoes, and you’ll STILL have some Points left for dessert!
- 1 lb tilapia fillets (about 8 fillets)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup fresh dill finely chopped
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375, and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Mist with cooking spray, spread fish fillets evenly on baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. On both sides, season fish fillets with the spice mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, olive oil, lemon juice, shallots, and garlic, and brush evenly over fish fillets. Top with the capers.
- Bake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, making sure not to overcook. Remove from oven and top with fresh dill.
Entire recipe makes about 4 servings Serving size is about 2 tilapia fillets Each serving = 3 Smart Points