Fourth of July festivities are just around the corner, and it’s time to start thinking about some low Smart Points meal options that you can serve or bring. And this Mediterranean Baked Tilapia Recipe is a great option! While everyone else is slaving over a hot grill, you can pop these tilapia fillets in the oven and forget about it! It’s super easy to make, and the wonderful herbs and spices help to give the mild tilapia a most amazing flavor. The fish fillets are roasted in an incredible buttery lemon sauce, making it perfectly moist and flaky. At just 3 Smart Points per serving, serve this Mediterranean Baked Tilapia with some salad, steamed veggies, and potatoes, and you’ll STILL have some Points left for dessert!
Mediterranean Baked Tilapia Recipe
Moist and flaky tilapia fillets are beautifully seasoned with Mediterranean spices and herbs in this delicate and delicious recipe. Perfect for a light summer meal!
- 1 lb tilapia fillets - about 8 fillets
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 shallots - finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ cup capers
- ¼ cup dill - fresh, finely chopped
- lemon juice - from 1 lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375, and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Mist with cooking spray, spread fish fillets evenly on baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. On both sides, season fish fillets with the spice mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, olive oil, lemon juice, shallots, and garlic, and brush evenly over fish fillets. Top with the capers.
- Bake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, making sure not to overcook. Remove from oven and top with fresh dill.
The entire recipe makes about 4 servings The serving size is about 2 tilapia fillets
Calories: 207.69 kcal (10%)Carbohydrates: 12.28 g (4%)Protein: 26.11 g (52%)Fat: 8.3 g (13%)Saturated Fat: 2.77 g (17%)Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.9 gMonounsaturated Fat: 3.55 gTrans Fat: 0.12 gCholesterol: 64.23 mg (21%)Sodium: 390.96 mg (17%)Potassium: 604.34 mg (17%)Fiber: 4.26 g (18%)Sugar: 1.15 g (1%)Vitamin A: 490.03 IU (10%)Vitamin C: 5.34 mg (6%)Calcium: 258.13 mg (26%)Iron: 4.08 mg (23%)
Tried this recipe?Let me know how it was!
This was really excellent! I cut back on the cumin because I wasn’t sure I’d like it and I forgot the capers because I was so hungry, but they would have been delicious! Thank you!
Print friendly option doesn’t work! Would love to be able to go back and use receipes from your site, but printing never works… :(
The print function is not working properly for this recipe. It prints only the photo and description.
Left click on one corner and drag across and up (or down) until what you want to print is highlighted. Then right click and use PRINT.