Today’s Honey Soy Chicken Recipe is yet another dish that my whole LOVED. Including me.
I love chicken that has incredible flavor, but to achieve that, it usually requires a long marinade time. During the week, when I’m super busy, I often have to come up with a meal on the fly, and typically don’t have time to wait for a marinade.
So when I forget/don’t have time to marinade, I rely on this Honey Soy Chicken dish to deliver a tender and juicy chicken, with knockout flavor.
The sauce has all the sweet, salty, and tangy flavors combined to make for one seriously mouthwatering chicken recipe. Serve the chicken (and the remaining sauce from the pan!) over steamed brown rice and veggies for a complete meal.
Honey Soy Chicken Recipe
- 2 lbs chicken thighs - skinless, boneless
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves - minced
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking dish with foil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, garlic, ginger and pepper.
- Place chicken in the baking dish, and pour the sauce over top. Turn chicken over and around to make sure that it is all evenly coated in the sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 30-35 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through), checking frequently to make sure the chicken isn't browning to quickly. If it is, just cover with foil for remainder of cooking time.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve, with the remaining sauce in the pan, over rice and/or steamed veggies.
The serving size is about 2 chicken thighs