When I want a quick and easy salad recipe for lunch, this Chicken and Broccoli Slaw Salad with Almond Butter Dressing is one of my absolute favorites. I don’t know about anyone else, but I get so tired of traditional lettuce based salads all the time. This salad has broccoli slaw as the base, which packs in a ton of nutrition and crunch!
Over the weekend, I’ll often cook a few chicken breasts to keep on hand during the week so that I can throw this salad together for myself on a busy day. And did I mention how delicious the Thai-inspired dressing is!?! If you don’t like/have almond butter, you can use peanut butter. I just personally prefer the flavor and health benefits of the almond butter. But regular peanut butter works just fine. And at just 6 Smart Points per serving, you get a delicious and satisfying salad without an ounce of guilt!
Chicken and Broccoli Slaw Salad with Almond Butter Dressing
For the Salad
- 1 10-12oz bag broccoli slaw
- 8 oz chicken breast cooked and chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup scallions chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
For the Dressing
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the dressing.
- In a large bowl, combine the slaw, bell pepper, cilantro, and scallions. Pour the dressing over the top, and toss to thoroughly coat.
Serving size is 1/2 of the salad
Each serving = 6 Smart Points PER SERVING: 280 calories; 15g fat; 1.4g saturated fat; 12g carbohydrates; 0.5g fiber; 9g sugar; 40g protein