This Baked Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken Teriyaki Recipe is one that my kids ask for again and again. I love that it’s super easy to make, and that it tastes fantastic!
Just pour the sauce over the chicken pineapple, and peppers, and bake! You could make this even lighter by using chicken breasts instead of thighs, but my family tends to prefer the dark meat. Breasts would probably work really well though, given that they are cooked in the sauce, so that would help keep them super moist and juicy.
Traditional Teriyaki sauces use a lot more sugar, which also helps give a thicker sauce, but this sauce is still deliciously sweet and flavorful without being too sweet. It’s also a perfect topper for steamed rice, which I highly recommend with it. Enjoy!
Baked Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken Teriyaki Recipe
- 1 ½ lbs chicken thighs - skinless, boneless
- 2 cups pineapple - diced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 small red onion - diced
- ½ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 cloves of garlic - minced
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mist a large baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place pineapples, onion and bell peppers in baking dish. Top with chicken thighs.
- Whisk cornstarch and 1 tbsp warm water together in a small bowl. Combine the cornstarch mixture, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and black pepper together in a small saucepan over low heat. Allow to simmer while whisking occasionally. Bring to a boil and allow to boil for 1 minute. Turn off the heat and set aside for at least 10 minutes, allowing it to cool and thicken.
- Pour sauce on top of the chicken, then turn the chicken over to make sure every inch is coated in the sauce. Bake, uncovered for about 30-35 minutes.
is the pineapple fresh or canned
Your recipes look awesome. I just wish when you print, the picture would print out also when you hit the print button. I tried to copy and paste, but no picture. I have had this problem with other websites, but they seem to have corrected the problem, and now the picture prints with the recipe. Thanks.
The print button is in the recipe card, right under the thumbnail.
This is a great recipe! I sub the honey with liquid Splenda to save more points, it came out wonderful!
I made this recipe tonight but I don’t know how to Add it to my tracker on my ww app on my phone :/ can someone help
For those who have printing problems – just select what you want to print, Copy (ctrl + c) and Paste (Ctrl + V) into Wordpad or any other document program.
Recipe still won’t print – only the image. Please fix ASAP. Thanks.
Is it ok to use chicken breasts instead of thighs? If so would it change the cooking time?
I used chicken breasts and they worked well! I cooked them a bit longer, about 45 min. Just cut the middle and checked inside periodically until they were cooked through.
Printer friendly still not working. I have a daughter learning to cook – who is mentally challenged– so I like to print them out for her to read. Help ??? Tried t copy and paste and would not.
I just made this and it’s really delicious! Thanks for sharing!
Do you think it would alter the WW points much if I added some sliced carrots?
The recipe instructions call for garlic in the marinade, but there is no garlic in the recipe ingredients. How much garlic and please add it to the ingredients.
I must have accidentally left it out of the recipe list. My bad! I’ll correct it now. :)
Do you not want your recipes to be copied? I know it says printer friendly, but I cannot get the recipe to print – only the photo and the paragraph below it. What am I doing wrong?
TO COPY : drag over all text & pictures until all is selected. Right click and copy. Open MS Word, right click and paste.
It’s all there. Then print.