If you love Spinach and Artichoke dip, you’ll go bonkers over this meal version! Tender roasted chicken breasts are smothered with a creamy spinach artichoke topping, delivering a mouthful of cheesy chicken goodness.
This recipe takes relatively little effort, but the end result tastes like you’ve spent all day preparing it. The chicken is so moist and delicious, and the velvety spinach artichoke topping is perfection.
Doesn’t it look tasty? If you have a few extra calories to spend, I’d recommend serving the finished chicken breast inside a toasted baguette or sandwich roll…it’s so yummy!
Spinach Artichoke Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 2 lbs chicken breasts - skinless, boneless
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 10 oz baby spinach leaves
- 4 oz light cream cheese
- 1 15oz can artichoke hearts - drained, rinsed, and chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese - grated
- 4 oz reduced fat mozzarella cheese - shredded
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place chicken inside a large baking dish, and season with salt and pepper. Cover with foil, and roast chicken in oven for about 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and drain excess cooking liquid.
- Preheat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in baby spinach leaves, and garlic, and saute until leaves are wilted, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a medium sized bowl.
- To the spinach bowl, add in cream cheese, parmesan cheese, artichokes, onion powder and salt and pepper.
- Top each piece of chicken with the spinach artichoke mixture. Divide evenly between them. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top. Return to oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes, until the top is hot, bubbling, and begins to turn golden.