When I want a salad that is insanely filling and satisfying, this Grilled Chicken, Pear, and Candied Pecan Salad is one of my favorites. For an entire meal, that is delicious and will give me sweet, tangy, and salty all in one, it’s not too shabby of a deal.
Nothing is sacrificed in this incredibly tasty dish, and it’s a breeze to prepare. The balsamic maple dressing is absolutely divine, and the variety of flavors and textures in the salad are to die for.
There is something about the combination of the creamy, tangy goat cheese, with the sweet and tart cranberries, and the crunchy sweet and salty pecans that truly feels like a party in my mouth.
You could make this dish a little lower in calories by cutting out the cranberries and using different nuts or cheese, but in my opinion, every calorie is absolutely worth it!
The restaurant version of this salad clocks in at around 23 Smart Points, so it really is a great bargain. If you are tired of basic salads, this Grilled Chicken, Pear, and Candied Pecan Salad is a must try!
Grilled Chicken, Pear, and Candied Pecan Salad Recipe
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 5oz bag leafy greens
- 1 pear - thinly sliced
- ½ of a red onion - thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- 3 oz goat cheese - crumbled
- 2 oz candied pecans
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the 1 tsp of olive oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Season chicken slices with salt and pepper. Cook chicken in skillet until browned on both sides, and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, 2 tbsp olive oil, and maple syrup.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Pour dressing over top, and toss to combine. Divide salad evenly between 4 plates, and top each with chicken. Serve immediately.
The serving size is about 1 1/2 cups salad with 4oz chicken