Our family is on a quinoa eating kick lately, and I’m taking advantage of it my cooking as many Weight Watchers quinoa recipes as I can! Today’s recipe is just a simple Greek salad with quinoa as the base, instead of lettuce.
This makes an amazing side dish to accompany any fish or chicken meal. But you can also make this as a main course salad simply by adding some grilled chicken or fish right on top of it. I just adore the texture and nutty flavor that the quinoa adds to it.
And it’s so much more filling than a standard salad! This Greek quinoa salad is so incredibly flavorful, and I’ll often serve it on top of a bed of butter lettuce and top it with some grilled chicken and veggies for a very satisfying meal!
It makes a great dish to take to potlucks and barbecues too, so if you are looking for some ideas of dishes to take along and share, this is it. Enjoy!
- 1 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 2 Persian cucumbers (diced)
- 1/2 of a small red onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup parsley (finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives (halved)
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 1/3 cup fat free feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, set aside to cool.
- Once quinoa is cooled to room temp, add in remaining ingredients, and toss well to combine.
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 3/4 cup
Each serving = 4 Points*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value