Every time I cook salmon, I ask myself why I don’t make it more often. It’s an easy fish to work with, it’s loaded with nutrients and heart healthy fats, and everyone in my family will eat it.
This simple Lemon Butter Seared Salmon Recipe is a classic — just a few simple ingredients, but a wonderful, healthy meal that can be accomplished in minutes. I usually tend to roast salmon, but this pan fried version gives such a nice crispiness to the outer layer.
My recipe also requires little prep, which is great for the days when my time is minimal. I serve this with some roasted veggies and rice for a complete meal, and it’s a hit every time. Enjoy!
- 1 lb salmon cut into 4 fillets
- 2 tbsp butter
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pat salmon dry with paper towels. Season with salt, pepper, and dried dill.
- Melt butter over medium high heat in a medium sized skillet. Add in garlic, and sauce until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Place salmon skin side up in the pan and sear for 4 minutes. Flip salmon and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until barely pink in the middle.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over top of salmon, and sprinkle with fresh dill, if desired.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 fillet
Each serving = 3 Points*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value