Here’s another easy and delicious way to dress up chicken breasts! In the Chicken Pesto Bake recipe, the chicken breasts are first topped with flavorful pesto sauce, then fresh tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.
It’s literally, just a handful of ingredients, but it delivers quite a tasty dish. I usually just buy a jar of prepared pesto sauce for this, but you can also make your own, if preferred. But at just 3 Points per serving, this simple Weight Watchers chicken recipe offers a great way to indulge in wonderful flavors, while still keeping the Points low.
It’s also packed with protein and extremely low carb. If you have the extra Points to spare, try this on some fresh Italian bread and serve as a sandwich. I usually like to pair this dish with a fresh side salad or some steamed veggies for a complete meal. Enjoy!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (sliced)
- 1/2 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, and mist with cooking spray.
- Butterfly or slice chicken breasts to create 4 thin cutlets. Season each piece with salt and pepper.
- Spoon pesto sauce evenly onto each piece of chicken, and spread. Place in oven, and roast until chicken is cooked through, about 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and top each piece of chicken evenly with tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and cook until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 piece of chicken
Each serving = 3 Points*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value