The cabbage is a vegetable that is often overlooked, and typically known for it’s blandness. But in my Garlic Roasted Cabbage Wedges recipe, the cabbage is the star!
When roasting vegetables, I find that it brings out a natural, smoky sweetness, and it offers a depth of flavor that you really don’t get when sautéing or steaming. And roasting the cabbage really elevates this common vegetable to a whole new level.
Topping it with a lemony, garlic oil gives it that extra bit of flavor that turns a commonplace vegetable into a decadent and flavorful side dish that is SO good, you’ll find yourself making it again and again. And at just 1 Smart Point per serving, it’s a great way to offer a delicious and filling Weight Watchers side dish to round out any meal.
- 1 large head of green cabbage (cut into 8 wedges)
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup parsley (finely chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic and lemon juice. Lay cabbage wedges on prepared baking sheet, and brush both sides evenly with the garlic mixture. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Roast in oven for 30 minutes, flipping once halfway through. Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is 1 cabbage wedge
Each serving = 1 Point*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value