Talk about a light lunch idea that takes little effort, is satisfying, and requires no cooking! This Mediterranean Tuna Salad puts a new, healthier and tastier spin on a traditional tuna salad recipe.
There’s no mayo in this version, and it’s packed full of fresh vegetables, garbanzo beans, and olives, so it’s not short on nutrition. But it’s still low in fat, low in calories and high in lean protein, making it an ideal Weight Watchers lunch recipe that you are sure to love.
The fresh lemon, garlic, and parsley add so much flavor to the salad that you won’t even miss the mayo – I promise. Not only is the salad incredibly delicious and filling, it requires no cooking, so you can throw this dish together in about 15 minutes. Serve it over toasted bread, fresh greens, or eat as is. At just 2 Points per serving, this healthy salad is a winner!
- 2 cans light tuna in water (drained)
- 1 small red bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1/2 medium a red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 large cucumber (diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 cup garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives (halved)
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives (halved)
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and toss to combine.
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is about 1 cup
Each serving = 2 Points*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value