The return of football season is among us, which means gathering at sports bars or hanging at home with friends and family. One of the most popular Sunday football foods includes a basket of buffalo wings and fries. However, that craving for sports bar buffalo wings can leave you feeling full of regret. Luckily, I have an alternative recipe for some guilt-free buffalo chicken breasts that are made using the air-fryer.
With the use of an air-fryer, you can eliminate the use of oils and save yourself tons of excess calories. The air-fryer also creates a desirable, crispy texture that will leave you feeling more than satisfied!
Is Buffalo Chicken Breast Healthy?
Yes, buffalo chicken breast is a highly nutritious food, especially when it is prepared using an air fryer. Typically, if you were to pan-fry the chicken breast, you would need to use a few tablespoons of oil to properly fry it. All those oils get absorbed into the chicken and it results in higher calories and fat.
With the air fryer, the need for oil is either completely diminished or very minimal amounts are needed. The crisp texture is created in the air fryer by the hot air strongly circulating the food. As for the sauce, buffalo happens to be one of the fewer calorie and low-fat sauces available. For instance, 1 tablespoon of Sweet Baby Rays Buffalo Sauce contains 20 calories and only 2 grams of fat.
How To Enjoy Buffalo Chicken
There are many different ways you can enjoy buffalo chicken breast. Of course, you can serve it as is with some dipping sauce and a side of fresh-cut celery and carrots, or you can spice things up and serve it in a few different ways. Check out these alternatives.
- In a wrap – Create your own buffalo chicken wrap by taking a whole-wheat tortilla, light ranch dressing, shredded carrots, and mozzarella cheese. Roll it up and you got yourself a deli-worthy wrap right at home.
- In a salad – Opt for a buffalo chicken salad by topping a bowl of romaine lettuce with the chicken breast, shredded carrots, avocado, black beans, corn, and light blue cheese dressing.
- On a pizza – Have you ever tried buffalo chicken pizza? Well – if you haven’t, you might want to give this one a shot! Take a frozen pizza crust of your choice, and top it with light ranch, buffalo sauce, shredded buffalo chicken, blue cheese crumbles, and fresh cilantro. Pop it in the oven and get ready to indulge.
Air Fryer Chicken Breast Ingredient Variations
If buffalo sauce just isn’t your jam – that’s ok too! There are a few other ways that you can prepare this air fryer chicken breast. You can swap out the buffalo sauce and replace it with either barbecue sauce, honey mustard, or teriyaki sauce. All of these dips/marinades are a great replacement for the buffalo sauce. You would still prepare the recipe the same way, by first dipping the chicken into the sauce and then coating it in the breadcrumbs.
Air-Fryer Buffalo Chicken Breast Recipe
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast - thinly sliced
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ¾ cup buffalo sauce of choice plus extra for topping - (I used Sweet Baby Rays)
- Pat chicken breasts dry with a paper towel. Season the chicken with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Arrange two bowls, one with the breadcrumbs and the other with the buffalo sauce.
- First, dip the chicken into the bowl of the buffalo sauce, and then place it into the bowl of the breadcrumbs. Flip the chicken in the breadcrumbs until it is evenly coated. Continue with the remaining chicken breasts.
- Spray the air-fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray. Heat the air-fryer to 380 F and cook for 10 minutes. Pull out the fryer basket and flip the chicken to the other side. Continue cooking for an additional 8 minutes.
- Remove from the air-fryer and serve immediately.
Do you know approx how many PP this is Tha j you