Fall is officially here! And you all know what that means…Weight Watchers Pumpkin Recipes galore! Today is no exception. I’m sharing one of my favorite easy fall recipes that is perfect for feeding a family or large group.
This healthy fall chili recipe is full of lean proteins, hearty vegetables, and an abundance of flavor. The mild sweetness of the pumpkin balances out the spiciness of the chili while adding some additional nutrients and fiber. And the hint of nutmeg and cinnamon give it just a whisper of seasonal flavor that you’re craving.
It’s also a breeze to make and doesn’t require a lot of time. When you want a healthy meal to fill you up on a chilly fall or winter day, this Pumpkin Chicken Chili Recipe is the answer and is sure to become your new favorite fall recipe too. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion (diced)
- 1 green pepper (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 15 oz can pure pumpkin
- 2 4 oz cans diced green chilies
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 15 oz can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 24 oz can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp oil over medium high heat in a large pot. Add in onions, peppers, and garlic, and sauté for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add in remaining oil to pot and let oil get hot. Then add in ground chicken, and cook, while breaking up with a spoon, until meat is cooked through.
- Return vegetables to pot and stir in tomatoes, pumpkin, broth, chili powder, cumin, nutmeg, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Stir in beans, and add additional seasoning if desired. Cover and let simmer, while stirring occasionally for about 45 minutes.
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is about 1 1/2 cups
Each serving = 2 Points*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value