Creamy Mushroom and Chicken Stew Crock Pot Recipe – 4 Points +
A delicious, healthy dinner recipe that can be prepared quickly, this Creamy Mushroom and Chicken Stew is ideal. Each serving is just 4 Points +, and is very filling. The first time I made this chicken stew recipe, I just ate is straight from the bowl, the way a stew is typically devoured. The second time I made it, I served it over some 0 calorie orzo from Miracle Noodle, and I felt like I was eating a HUGE meal for just 4 Points +. It did need some extra salt and pepper, but it was fantastic, and oh-so satisfying! Weight Watchers Crock Pot Recipes are my go to meals when I’m pressed for time and have some leftover produce in my fridge that I want to use up before it gets bad. And this Creamy Mushroom and Chick Stew Crock Pot Recipe is perfect for that! I almost always have all those ingredients on hand. However, be aware that working with yogurt and a crock pot can be tricky, as the yogurt can curdle. To avoid that, make sure the yogurt is at room temp and only add it in before serving – don’t let it simmer in there all day. Enjoy!
Creamy Mushroom and Chicken Stew Crock Pot Recipe
A delicious healthy and easy slow cooker recipe that tastes great and has a nice sized serving for just 4 Points +. It’s a great low calorie dinner idea that’s filling and flavorful.
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8oz baby Portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 packet powdered Mushroom Sauce seasoning mix (I used this one from Simply Organic)
- 2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt, at room temp
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a crock pot, combine all ingredients EXCEPT the yogurt.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hrs.
- Stir in yogurt, and warm until heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 4 hour(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 ½ cups
Each serving = 4 Points +
PER SERVING: 203 calories; 2.5g fat; 11g carbohydrates; 28g protein; 2g fiber