A delicious, healthy dinner recipe that can be prepared quickly, this Creamy Mushroom and Chicken Stew is ideal. And each serving is very filling.
The first time I made this chicken stew recipe, I just ate it straight from the bowl, the way a stew is typically devoured. The second time I made it, I served it over some 0 calorie orzo from Miracle Noodle, and I felt like I was eating a HUGE meal.
It did need some extra salt and pepper, but it was fantastic and oh-so-satisfying! Weight Watchers Crock Pot Recipes are my go-to meals when I’m pressed for time and have some leftover produce in my fridge that I want to use up before it gets worse. And this Creamy Mushroom and Chick Stew Crock Pot Recipe is perfect for that! I almost always have all those ingredients on hand.
CREAMY MUSHROOM AND CHICKEN STEW CROCK POT
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 8 oz baby Portabella mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup carrots (cut into matchsticks)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 2 stalks of celery (chopped)
- 2 tbsp powdered mushroom seasoning mix
- 2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup fat free sour cream (at room temp)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a crock pot, combine all ingredients except the sour cream.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hrs.
- Stir in sour cream, and warm until heated through about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.