Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe – 8 Points +
If you are looking for a healthy knockoff version of the popular Chinese fast food, Sweet and Sour Chicken, well you came to the right blog today! This Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken has just 2.5g of fat and a total of 8 Points + per serving which is a lot less than the kind you’d buy at a Chinese restaurant. But the taste is fantastic, and it truly tastes just as good as the full fat version. It’s really easy to make and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients, so it’s a great idea for a delicious Weight Watchers dinner recipe if you need a meal in a pinch. I love love LOVE sweet and sour chicken, so I was very hesitant to believe that a baked version would taste just as good, but I was very pleasantly surprised…it truly was DELICIOUS! If you love Chinese fast food recipes, this one is an absolute must try. Enjoy!
The rice you see in the photo is my Chicken Fried Rice recipe which is only 4 points +.
Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe
This amazingly delicious Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe tastes just like the kind that you’d get at your favorite Chinese fast food restaurant, but this light sweet and sour chicken has just 2.5g fat and 8 Points per serving.
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 4 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Dip chicken into the cornstarch to coat then dip into the liquid egg substitute.
- Spray a large skillet with non-fat cooking spray and set over medium high heat. Cook chicken until browned but not cooked through.
- Spray 9×13 baking dish with the non-fat cooking spray and place the chicken in it.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl with a whisk and then pour evenly over the chicken.
- Bake for one hour and turn the chicken every 15-20 minutes.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s) 10 minute(s)
Diet tags: Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Chinese
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 cup
Each serving = 8 Points +
PER SERVING: 335 calories; 2.5g fat; 42 carbohydrates; 27g protein