Mini Baked Glazed Doughnuts Recipe – 2 Points +
Doughnuts people!! GLAZED DOUGHNUTS!!! Yes, you can eat yummy doughnuts and still lose weight…with this incredible Mini Baked Glazed Doughnuts Recipe, that is. I found the original version of these lighter doughnuts on Oh She Glows. They were boasted as a 100 calorie vegan doughnut recipe. Well, I’m not vegan, but I SURE do love doughnuts, and for 100 calories, I had to check out this recipe. I altered her version a bit and ended up with a fabulous 70 calorie mini baked doughnut that really hits the spot when my sweet tooth hits. Though these doughnuts are baked, and not fried like traditional doughnuts, they are still sweet and moist, and have more of a cupcake like texture. When I baked mine, I used my Mini Donut Maker, which made it super easy. But the original recipe calls for doughnut pans. And if you don’t have doughnut pans, then I suggest making them into little balls with your hands and make baked doughnut holes. Regardless of their shape, these mini baked glazed doughnuts are a real treat at just 2 Points + each, and make an awesome Weight Watchers dessert or sweet snack idea.
Mini Baked Glazed Doughnuts Recipe
A real treat for any Weight Watchers who love doughnuts, these Mini Baked Glazed Doughnuts are just 2 Points + each. Sweet, moist and fluffy, one or two is all you need to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- 1 cup All-Purpose White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp fat free milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Take all the wet ingredients and put in a small pot on the stovetop on low. Whisk ingredients together to blend well. Do not let the mixture get too hot, it should just be warm to the touch.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the wet to the dry and mix until just incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Put the batter into the doughnut pan. You’ll take about a tablespoon’s worth of dough (if using the mini pans) and scooping it directly over the individual mold. Then take your fingers to press it out and make the middle pop through.
- Bake for 12 minutes. You don’t want them brown, but they should slowly pop up when pressed with a finger. Cool on a wire rack.
- While doughnuts are cooling, combine powdered sugar and the 1 tbsp milk to make the glaze.
- When doughnuts have cooled, pour glaze over them.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 12 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie
Number of servings (yield): 20
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire recipe makes 20 doughnuts
Serving size is 1 doughnut
Each serving = 2 Points +
PER SERVING: 70 calories; 1.5g fat; 13g carbohydrates; 1.5g protein; .5g fiber