On Christmas morning, wouldn’t it be nice to wake up to a healthy, Weight Watchers breakfast that was cooked for you, hot and ready? Well, this easy Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole Recipe does just that! Full of protein, but lower on carbs, this breakfast casserole packs in everything you need for a filling and satisfying meal. Just prep it and put it on the crock pot the night before, and it’ll be ready when you wake up! I topped mine with some reduced fat sour cream and salsa for extra oomph. I’ve also made this dish with turkey bacon instead of sausage, and that works really well too. And each serving is just 6 Points +, which isn’t bad for a delicious casserole filed with sausage and cheese. This breakfast casserole recipe is perfect for the non-morning person who still wants to put together a healthy and tasty breakfast for the family. Enjoy!
Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole
A delicious and easy make-ahead breakfast recipe that can feed the whole family and still keep you on track with your Weight Watchers goals. High in protein and low in carbs, this breakfast casserole has everything you need for a filing breakfast.
- 1 package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 9oz lean turkey or chicken breakfast sausage, browned and diced
- 1 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 8oz package of mushrooms, diced
- 14 egg whites
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 6 scallions, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- Spray inside of crock pot with non-fat cooking spray.
- Layer potatoes, bell pepper, onions, mushrooms and sausage and ½ cup of the shredded cheese in the crock pot, in two or three layers.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg whites, milk, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and dry mustard. Pour over the entire potato and vegetables layers.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until eggs are cooked through.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 hour(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 1 cup
Each serving = 6 Points +
PER SERVING: 245 calories; 8g fat; 16g carbohydrates; 24g protein; 2g fiber