On Christmas morning, wouldn’t it be nice to wake up to a healthy, Weight Watchers breakfast that was cooked for you, hot and ready? Well, this easy Crockpot Breakfast Casserole Recipe does just that!
Full of protein, but lower on carbs, this breakfast casserole packs in everything you need for a filling and satisfying meal. Just prep it and put it in the crock pot the night before, and it’ll be ready when you wake up!
I topped mine with some reduced fat sour cream and salsa for extra oomph. I’ve also made this dish with turkey bacon instead of sausage, and that works really well too. And each serving is just 6 Points, which isn’t bad for a delicious casserole filled with sausage and cheese.
This breakfast casserole recipe is perfect for the non-morning person who still wants to put together a healthy and tasty breakfast for the family.
Crockpot Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 1 Slow Cooker
- 1 package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 9 oz lean turkey or chicken breakfast sausage - browned and diced
- 1 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1 bell pepper - diced
- 1 8 oz package of mushrooms - diced
- 14 egg whites
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 6 scallions - diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- Spray inside of crock pot with non-fat cooking spray.
- Layer potatoes, bell pepper, onions, mushrooms and sausage and ½ cup of the shredded cheese in the crock pot, in two or three layers.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg whites, milk, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and dry mustard. Pour over the entire potato and vegetable layers.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until eggs are cooked through.