Oh, how I love soup this time of year. And even though I live in CA and the weather has been in the 70’s this week (don’t hate!), I still crave this velvety, rich, and creamy roasted sweet potato soup while I read all the news stories about everyone else surviving the blustery winter. It’s heart and incredibly filling, while still being just 3 Points + per serving. The little touch of orange zest adds just the right kiss of flavor to the slight smokiness of the roasted sweet potatoes. I also like to add a sprinkle of ground chipotle powder on top of each serving to add a kick of heat too. This is the perfect soup for when you don’t feel like chopping lots of vegetables or slaving over a simmering stew all day. It’s quick, easy, and absolutely divine. Enjoy!
Roasted Sweet Potato Soup
Sweet and creamy with a gentle touch of citrus and smokiness, this sweet potato soup is heavenly. Plus it’s loaded with vitamins and minerals and is incredibly filling, while still be low in Weight Watchers Points.
- 6 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth (or more to reach desired soup consistency)
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ground chipotle powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and most with cooking spray or an olive oil mister.
- Spread out diced sweet potato evenly on baking sheet, mist lightly with an olive oil mister, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven until potatoes are tender and begin to brown on the edges, about 30 minutes.
- Place potatoes, milk, zest and broth in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Pour into a small saucepan to re-heat if necessary, and season as desired with salt and pepper. Divide evenly into 6 serving bowls, and sprinkle with a dash of chipotle powder just before serving.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 1 1/2 cups
Each serving = 3 Points +
PER SERVING: 132 calories; 1g fat; 28g carbohydrates; 3.5g protein; 4g fiber