Roasted Sweet Potato Soup
Sweet and creamy with a gentle touch of citrus and smokiness, this sweet potato soup is heavenly. Plus it’s loaded with vitamins and minerals and is incredibly filling, while still be low in Weight Watchers Points.
- 6 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth (or more to reach desired soup consistency)
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ground chipotle powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and most with cooking spray or an olive oil mister.
- Spread out diced sweet potato evenly on baking sheet, mist lightly with an olive oil mister, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven until potatoes are tender and begin to brown on the edges, about 30 minutes.
- Place potatoes, milk, zest and broth in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Pour into a small saucepan to re-heat if necessary, and season as desired with salt and pepper. Divide evenly into 6 serving bowls, and sprinkle with a dash of chipotle powder just before serving.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 1 1/2 cups
Each serving = 3 Points
PER SERVING: 132 calories; 1g fat; 28g carbohydrates; 3.5g protein; 4g fiber