Soup is one of go to recipes whenever I’m really hungry. I eat a bowl before I eat my lunch or dinner, and then that helps to fill me up, so I don’t overdo it on the main course. And egg drop soup is a delicious and light option. However, a traditional egg drop soup recipe is quite mild. So sometimes, I really want to kick up the flavor notch and I whip up this spicy version instead. It is so fast and easy to make, and is really quite delicious. And at just 1 Points + for a 1 1/2 cup serving, this Spicy Egg Drop Soup is a fantastic Weight Watchers Recipe. Enjoy!
Spicy Egg Drop Soup
A spicy twist on a classic Asian-style egg drop soup, this delicious and low calorie soup is the perfect way to warm up on a chilly day. A few unique ingredient additions helps give the soup an extra flavor kick without adding extra fat or calories.
- 6 cups fat free beef broth
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 3 thai chilies, diced
- 3 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 medium green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a medium sized pot, bring broth to a boil.
- Add in carrot, garlic, chilies, ginger and soy sauce, lower heat to medium, and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and egg white. Slowly pour into the soup, and gently whisk once or twice.
- Remove soup from heat. Add in green onions and cilantro and serve.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Chinese
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 1/2 cups
Each serving = 2 Smart Points/1 Points +
PER SERVING: 82calories; 2g fat; 1g saturated fat; 7g carbohydrate; 3g sugar; 9g protein; 1g fiber