If you were a fan of my Crock Pot Beer Chicken, then you must try this Oven Roasted Beer Chicken too! It’s the faster version that still maintains that wonderful beer flavor. I have made this with a variety of chicken pieces as well as with just the chicken breasts, and it all turns out wonderful, so feel free to use any cut you like. However, the Points + are based on just the chicken breasts, as they are the leanest and lowest in Points. Perfect for the beer-loving dad, this would make a fabulous Weight Watchers Father Day recipe – dad will never even know he’s eating a low calorie dish! I’m also planning on using the sauce as a marinade and grilling the chicken for a 4th of July BBQ this year, and I am confident that will be a HUUUUGE hit. I’ve made this using Guiness, Coronoa Light, and Sam Adams, and all were equally good. I’d suggest using a quality beer, if you can. Serve with some garlic bread and grilled veggies for a complete meal. Enjoy!
Oven Roasted Beer Chicken
Moist, tender, juicy chicken enhanced with the flavor of beer, this manly meal tastes nothing like a low Points Weight Watchers recipe. But at just 4 Points + per serving, it’s a guilt-free dish that beer lovers will really enjoy.
- 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 6 pieces
- 1 12oz can or bottle of beer
- 4 tbsp light butter, melted (I used Brummel & Brown)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Juice from one lime
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and spray a 9” x 13” baking dish with non-fat cooking spray.
- Season chicken generously with salt and pepper, and lay in baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the beer, and remaining ingredients. Mix well and pour over chicken.
- Cover with foil and roast in oven for about 20-30 minutes, or until chicken is just cooked through. Remove foil, and roast for another 10 minutes.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 35 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 piece of chicken
Each serving = 5 Smart Points/4 Points +
PER SERVING: 215calories; 5g fat; 2g saturated fat; 25g carbohydrate; 0.22g sugar; 26g protein; 0g fiber