If you were a fan of my Crock Pot Beer Chicken, then you must try this Oven Roasted Beer Chicken too!
It’s the faster version that still maintains that wonderful beer flavor. I have made this with a variety of chicken pieces as well as with just the chicken breasts, and it all turns out wonderful, so feel free to use any cut you like.
When I’m watching my Points, I use just the chicken breasts, as they are the leanest.
Perfect for the beer-loving dad, this would make a fabulous Weight Watchers Father Day recipe – dad will never even know he’s eating a low calorie dish!
I’m also planning on using the sauce as a marinade and grilling the chicken for a 4th of July BBQ this year, and I am confident that will be a HUUUUGE hit.
I’ve made this using Guiness, Coronoa Light, and Sam Adams, and all were equally good. I’d suggest using a quality beer, if you can. Serve with some garlic bread and grilled veggies for a complete meal. Enjoy!
Moist, tender, juicy chicken enhanced with the flavor of beer, this manly meal tastes nothing like a low Points Weight Watchers recipe. It’s a delicious, guilt-free dish that beer lovers will really enjoy.
- 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts (cut into 6 filets)
- 1 12 oz can or bottle of beer
- 4 tbsp light butter (melted)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Juice from one lime
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and spray a 9” x 13” baking dish with non-fat cooking spray.
- Season chicken generously with salt and pepper, and lay in baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the beer, and remaining ingredients. Mix well and pour over chicken.
- Cover with foil and roast in oven for about 20-30 minutes, or until chicken is just cooked through. Remove foil, and roast for another 10 minutes.
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 piece of chicken
Each serving = 3 Points*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value