Believe it or not, I got the idea for this delicious, crustless Corn Quiche recipe from one of my son’s preschool teachers. The teachers had helped the kids make this one day for their afternoon snack, and when I came to pick up my son, he was still sitting at the table gobbling his down. One of his teachers, Ms. Sylvia, told me that he LOVED it. And it was pretty clear that was true. So, I was excited to recreate it for him at home, and figured I could transform it into a Weight Watchers friendly quiche too! So Ms. Sylvia told me what was in it, and I went to work putting it all together later that week. Because I was wanting to keep the quiche low in Points Plus, I used EggBeaters instead of real eggs. If you prefer real eggs, you’ll want to use 3 large ones in place of the EggBeaters, but it will increase the Points Plus value a bit. It turned out absolutely perfect, and incredibly delicious. And just 4 Points Plus per serving. Thank you, Ms. Sylvia! Your quiche was a hit!
Creamy, sweet and comforting, this simple corn quiche was a total hit. Serve it for breakfast, brunch or dinner and enjoy without feeling an ounce of guilt.
- 1 cup liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters)
- 1 15 oz can corn, drained
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a pie pan or baking dish with nonfat cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients, except for 1/2 of the corn, in a blender and process until well combined. Stir in remaining corn and pour into pie pan.?Place in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Cut into 6 slices.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 slice
Each serving = 4 Points +
PER SERVING: 145 calories; 3.5g fat; 20.5g carbohydrates; 10g protein; 2g fiber