This gloomy weather we’ve had in LA over the weekend has got me craving some hearty comfort food. And when it’s cold outside, nothing is more satisfying that a nice, hot bowl of soup.
My tasty Autumn Vegetable Minestrone soup is a great low calorie soup recipe to keep on hand. With just one WW point, it’s a dieter’s best friend!
I like to make a large batch of this soup and then divide it up into individual portions and freeze them. That way, when hunger strikes and I’m looking for something quick and easy to make, I can just grab one of these low calorie soups right out of my freezer and heat it up!
So convenient, healthy and delicious!
- 4 cups fat free vegetable broth
- 1 23 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 3 medium carrots (chopped)
- 3 small zucchini (diced)
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper (diced)
- 8 green onions (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup Cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (finely chopped)
- Mix all ingredients except rice and basil in a 3 1/2 to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in rice. Cover and cook on low heat setting for about 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 cup
Each serving = 1 Point*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value