When I think of beef and broccoli, I always think of traditional Chinese stir fry. But this tasty dish is made in a slow cooker or crock pot, and offers a whole new way to enjoy it!
I really just adore crock pot recipes because they are so incredibly easy and so tasty, and this beef and broccoli recipe is no exception.
The slow cooker really makes your meat so tender and juicy. It’s definitely a dish worth trying out. This is one dish that is a staple on my list of Weight Watchers Crock Pot Recipes.
CROCK POT BEEF AND BROCCOLI RECIPE
- 1 pound boneless beef top round steak (trimmed, and cut into cubes)
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb broccoli (cut into florets)
- 1 large onion (cut into thin wedges)
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 cups fat free beef broth
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp Roasted Red Chili Paste
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- In 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker, combine oil, beef, mushrooms, onion, broth, garlic, chili paste, soy sauce, pepper, and ginger; mix well.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 6-8 hours.
- About 35 minutes before serving, cook rice in water as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons water and cornstarch; blend well.
- Add broccoli into beef mixture, then stir in the cornstarch.
- Cover; cook on low setting for an additional 30 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Serve over rice.