Crock Pot Beef and Broccoli Recipe
A delicious slow cooker recipe with Asian flair, this Beef and Broccoli dish is a fantastic meal idea at just 8 Points per serving.
- 1 pound boneless beef top round steak — trimmed of fat, cut into cubes
- 8oz sliced mushrooms
- 1lb broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 cups fat free beef broth
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp Red Roasted Chili Paste (like the kind from Thai Kitchen)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- In 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker, combine oil, beef, mushrooms, onion, broth, garlic, chili paste, soy sauce, pepper, and ginger; mix well.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 6-8 hours.
- About 35 minutes before serving, cook rice in water as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons water and cornstarch; blend well.
- Add broccoli into beef mixture, then stir in the cornstarch.
- Cover; cook on low setting for an additional 30 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Serve over rice.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 8 hours
Diet tags: Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Chinese
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is ½ cup of rice and 1 1/3 cups beef and broccoli mixture
Each serving = 8 Points (3 Points for the rice and 5 Points for the Beef and Broccoli mixture)
PER SERVING: 308 calories; 6g fat; 34g carbohydrates; 30g protein; 5g fiber