With all the holiday parties and dinners this time of year, it’s hard to stick to your Weight Watchers diet program and still be able to enjoy yourself. So from here on out, I’m devoting my blog to sharing with you some of my favorite Weight Watchers holiday recipes!
First up, is a Hanukkah recipe for potato pancakes (or, latkes)! Now, if you’ve made these babies in the past, I’m sure you are well aware at how greasy and fattening they typically are. And this can wreak havoc on any good Weight Watcher! Oy vey.
But this awesome Weight Watchers Latkes Recipe is incredibly easy to make and tastes fantastic. It’s so good, that anyone who eats it will have no idea that each potato pancake is just 2 Weight Watchers Points!
So this Hanukkah, don’t avoid this delicious and traditional Jewish recipe, just use this low calorie recipe and instead, and still be able to enjoy one of Hanukkah’s most tastiest dishes.
Weight Watchers Latkes Recipe
- 1 1/4 pound potatoes
- 2 medium egg whites
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour*
- 2 medium scallions
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 4 tsp olive oil
*use a whole wheat flour if you want to amp up your nutritional stats
- Soak the potatoes in cold water 30 minutes; drain and blot dry. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the potatoes, egg whites, flour, scallions and salt. Form into 12 pancakes.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat one third of the oil. Cook the pancakes, 4 at a time, until just golden, about 2 minutes on each side; transfer to a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining oil and pancakes.
- Bake until crisp and cooked through, 5-7 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.
Each serving = 2 Weight Watchers Points