It’s almost that time of year again….the day we get together, turn on the TV, and allow ourselves to consume large quantities of super yummy, fattening foods, and lots of beer, in order to celebrate the most anxiously awaited game in the NFL…the SUPER BOWL!!
I love Super Bowl parties as much as anyone, but if you’re not careful, these parties can be a weight watchers nightmare!! So this week, I’m devoting each day to different low calorie Super Bowl recipes that not only taste good but will help keep you on track to reaching your weight loss goals.
These Super Bowl Recipes are ideal for anyone who wants healthier, lower calorie versions of their favorite Super Bowl snacks. And today, I’m posting this super rockin’ Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe that will knock your socks off!
It’s a very easy Super Bowl recipe that will be adored by all, and is a great (and less messy) alternative to serving buffalo wings. Try serving it with some veggies (I like celery and green pepper strips the best), or some low points tortilla chips.
If you love buffalo flavored anything, this low calorie dip recipe is a must try!
BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP RECIPE
- 16 oz boneless - skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 8- oz. fat-free cream cheese - (softened)
- ½ cup fat free sour cream
- ½ cup Frank’s RedHot Sauce
- 2 tbsp light butter
- ½ packet of Ranch dip mix
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Once meat is cooked, cut it up into bite sized shredded chunks. Set aside. Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until dip has heated all the way through.
- Rub chicken breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Spray a skillet with non-fat cooking spray, and set on med/high heat. Put in chicken breasts, and cook until brown on both sides and meat is cooked through.
- In a large, oven safe bowl, stir cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add in chicken and other remaining ingredients, and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Bake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until dip has heated all the way through.
I tried this recipe and it was pretty good. However, I must say that I altered it a bit. I found that it was more of a crowd pleaser the second time i made it with KFC fried chicken, real butter, and 2% cheese (the kind with the Philadelphia Cream cheese in it). And i added a half jar of velvetta and a few tabelspoons of mayonnaise. Add salt, top and spread about 4 heaping tablespoons of Manwich, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and real bacon bits. Bake 30 minutes. OMG. This was sooooo good! Thank you for the great idea!
I dont know whats going on but ever since i started eating the recipes from this site i either loose very little nuthing at all or gain weight whats up with that
Shut up! Only 2 points per serving?! Buffalo Chicken is one of my all-time favorites, so I’m super excited to see this!
I eat this alomst every day for lunch!! I lovvvveee it!! What is the nutritional information or could you let me know the new PointsPlus value for this recipe??? Thanks!!