Looking for a quick and easy low calorie side dish recipe that will go well with a variety of entrees?
This baked tomatoes with cheese recipe just may be the answer! They are fresh, delicious, and super quick to make. Perfect as a side dish, or even just as a quick, healthy snack, these super yummy tomatoes are a great idea for just about anytime.
I used heirloom tomatoes when I made this, but really, just about any kind will work. It’s the perfect way to bulk up your plate without adding a lot of extra calories. Enjoy!
Cheesy Baked Tomatoes Recipe
- 4 large tomatoes - (halved)
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese - (shredded)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet.
- Top with Parmesan, mozzarella, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Mist lightly with non-fat cooking spray and bake until the tomatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- The entire recipe makes 4 servings
- The serving size is 1 tomato (2 tomato halves)