Looking for a quick and easy low calorie side dish recipe that will go well with a variety of entrees?
This Cheesy Baked Tomatoes Recipe just may be the answer! They are fresh, delicious and super quick to make. Perfect as a side dish, or even just as a quick, healthy snack, these super yummy tomatoes are a great idea for just about anytime.
I used heirloom tomatoes when I made this, but really, just about any kind will work. It’s the perfect way to bulk up your plate without adding a lot of extra Points. Enjoy!
CHEESY BAKED TOMATOES RECIPE
- 4 large tomatoes (halved)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet.
- Top with Parmesan, mozzarella, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Mist lightly with non-fat cooking spray and bake until the tomatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.