Looking for a quick and easy low calorie side dish recipe that will go well with a variety of entrees? This Cheesy Baked Tomatoes Recipe just may be the answer! Fresh, delicious and super quick to make, each serving has just 1 Point. Perfect as a side dish, or even just as a quick, healthy snack, these super yummy tomatoes are a great idea for just 1 Point. I used heirloom tomatoes when I made this, but really, just about any kind will work. It’s the perfect way to bulk up your plate without adding a lot of extra Points. Enjoy!
Cheesy Baked Tomatoes Recipe
A delicious and healthy side dish recipe, these cheesy baked tomatoes go well with just about anything. Take advantage of those fresh summer tomatoes before they are gone and try this fresh and flavorful low calorie side for just 1 Point each!
- 4 tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 oz reduced fat provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet.
- Top with Parmesan, provolone, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Mist lightly with non-fat cooking spray and bake until the tomatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 tomato (2 tomato halves)
Each serving = 1 Point
PER SERVING: 49 calories; 2 g fat; 6 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 2 g fiber