I’ve always been a believer that less is more, and this Roasted Tomatoes and Zucchini Recipe supports that theory.
With just a few simple ingredients, this roasted vegetables side dish is incredibly flavorful, yet very low calorie. The cherry tomatoes are vibrant, and full of a tart, juicy flavor. While the tender, sweet zucchini contrasts it. The slightly smoky taste from the roasting enhances the natural flavor of the vegetables, and it truly just tastes amazing. It’s such an easy vegetable side dish recipe to make and it goes so well with a variety of meals.
Serve it over rice with some soy sauce, on top of some 0 Points spaghetti squash, or just eat it by itself! NOTE: Because this recipe only involves vegetables and trace amounts of olive oil, I count it as 0 Points.
However, if you enter the nutritional values into your Weight Watchers calculator, it comes up as 1 Point.
Roasted Tomatoes and Zucchini Recipe
A great low calorie side dish to any meal, these Roasted Tomatoes and Zucchini are flavorful and fresh. At 0 Points per serving, it’s a wonderful guilt free vegetable recipe.
- 2 medium sized zucchini, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 small container of cherry tomatoes (about 20 tomatoes), sliced in half
- Non-fat olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a small baking sheet with aluminum foil (for easy cleanup) and lightly mist with the non-fat cooking spray.
- Place tomatoes and zucchini onto baking sheet and lightly mist with non-fat cooking spray or olive oil mister, then sprinkle evenly with the sea salt.
- Roast in oven until vegetables start to char, about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
NOTE: Because this Roasted Tomatoes and Zucchini Recipe only uses vegetables and trace amounts of olive oil, I count it as 0 Points. However, if you add up the nutritional information and plug it into your Weight Watchers Calculator, you’ll see that it comes up as 1 Point. So it’s up to you how you want to count it.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1/2 cup
Each serving = 0 Points
PER SERVING: 43 calories; 0g fat; 8g carbohydrates; 3g protein; 3g fiber