I’ve always been a believer that less is more, and this Roasted Tomatoes and Zucchini Recipe supports that theory.
With just a few simple ingredients, this roasted vegetable side dish is incredibly flavorful, yet very low in calories. The cherry tomatoes are vibrant and full of a tart, juicy flavor. While the tender, sweet zucchini contrasts it. The slightly smoky taste from the roasting enhances the natural flavor of the vegetables, and it truly just tastes amazing. It’s such an easy vegetable side dish recipe to make and it goes so well with a variety of meals.
Serve it over rice with some soy sauce, on top of some spaghetti squash, or just eat it by itself!
Roasted Tomatoes and Zucchini Recipe
- 1 Oven
- 2 medium sized zucchini - chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 small container of cherry tomatoes - about 20 tomatoes, sliced in half
- Non-fat olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a small baking sheet with aluminum foil (for easy cleanup) and lightly mist with the non-fat cooking spray.
- Place tomatoes and zucchini onto baking sheet and lightly mist with non-fat cooking spray or olive oil mister, then sprinkle evenly with the sea salt.
- Roast in oven until vegetables start to char, about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.