Just recently, my BFF, Janice, introduced me to an amazing new smoothie recipe – Kimberly Snyder’s Glowing Green Smoothie. Kimberly Snyder is a top Hollywood Nutritionist, and many of her clients are the celebrities whose bodies we drool over with envy.
This green smoothie recipe is part of her Beauty Detox program and it’s something that she has all of her clients drink. The recipe helps you get in a tremendous amount of leafy greens, which we all know has amazing health benefits. You can read all about her and her Official Glowing Green Smoothie Recipe at her site.
Eager to find ways to get in more veggies and get all those nutrients, I decided to give it a try, and I have to admit, I’m kind of in love with it. Janice suggested using orange juice to help the flavor, and I think that was absolutely brilliant. I also liked using lime instead of lemon. I truly thought it tasted fantastic, and the best part is that I really did feel satisfied until noon.
I’ve started drinking it now on a daily basis and making batches to freeze, and I’m eager to reap the health benefits.
Two things that I HIGHLY recommend to make this smoothie tasty and enjoyable is to keep it COLD. Very cold. And blend it as smooth as you can get it – use a good blender or mixer to puree the heck out of it. If you are looking to make a great investment, a Blendtec is the most recommended blender for this, giving the best results. It’s also my personal favorite blender.
I definitely recommend adding this healthy smoothie recipe into your plan. It’s so so good for you, and will help fill you up. So get yourselves to a blender, ASAP! Here is my version of Kimberly Snyder’s Glowing Green Smoothie Recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 cup very cold, filtered water
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed organic orange juice
- 3 cups fresh organic spinach leaves (chopped)
- 2 cups organic romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 2 stalks of organic celery
- 1/2 cup organic parsley
- 1 organic apple (cored and chopped)
- 1 organic pear (cored and chopped)
- 1 organic banana
- Fresh juice squeezed from 1 organic lime
- 3-5 ice cubes
- Add water, spinach and chopped romaine to the blender. Starting the blender on a low speed; mix until smooth.
- Gradually move to higher speeds and add the herbs, celery, pear, and apple.
- Add the banana, orange and lime juice last.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 8 oz
Each serving = 5 Points