If you never listened to your mother when she told you to eat your brussel sprouts, now would be a good time to reconsider.
This incredibly easy Roasted Brussel Sprouts Recipe makes a wonderful healthy accompaniment to a variety of dishes. And it truly tastes AMAZING. Sometimes, simplicity is the key in bringing out the natural flavors of a food. I find this especially true in many vegetable recipes.
If I had known when I was a kid what I was missing out on, I would have gobbled up my brussel sprouts without a blink. With just a light mist of olive oil and some Kosher salt and pepper, these roasted brussel sprouts were incredible.
And at 0 Points, they make a great low calorie side dish recipe to help fill you up and get those vegetable servings in without using up any Weight Watchers Points! Enjoy.
BASIC ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS RECIPE
- 1 ½ lbs fresh brussel sprouts
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves. Then cut them in half lengthwise.
- Place them in a bowl and lightly mist them with olive oil, then toss them with salt and pepper.
- Pour them on a sheet pan and roast for 20-30 minutes, until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Shake the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly.
- Sprinkle with more kosher salt and serve immediately.