Always willing to experiment with new Weight Watchers Salmon Recipes, I found myself head over heels in love with this amazing Poached Salmon Pasta Salad Recipe that I came across a few months ago and and recently re-vamped.
For just 5 Points, you get a nice sized serving of this healthy pasta recipe that’s full of protein and fiber and very low in fat.
The capers and yogurt cream sauce are the perfect compliment to the lemon and wine poached salmon. The artichokes also add more bulk to the dish so that you can get more bang for your buck. Next time I make this, I think I’ll add in some roasted zucchini and cherry tomatoes to bulk it up even more — as I’ve previously mentioned in past posts, I’m ALL about big portions!
This is definitely a flavorful and easy pasta salad recipe that is not only filling and tasty, it’s incredibly good for you too. And it’s a great idea if you are looking for a new and unique way to prepare salmon.
Poached Salmon Pasta Salad Recipe
This amazingly delicious and healthy Poached Salmon Pasta Salad recipe makes a perfect low calorie lunch idea, light dinner, or healthy side dish recipe. Just 5 Points per serving, and oh so flavorful!
- 8 oz dry whole wheat pasta
- 8 oz salmon fillets
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 lemons, 1 sliced ¼-inch thick, 1 juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp capers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Arrange the lemon slices in a single layer across the bottom of a 12-inch skillet. Scatter the shallots evenly over the lemon slices; add the water and wine.
- Place the salmon fillets in the skillet, skin side down on top of the lemon slices; set the pan over high heat and bring the liquid to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until the sides of the salmon are opaque but the center of the thickest part is still translucent, 11 to 16 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and carefully transfer the salmon to a cutting board. When cooled, remove the skin and cut the salmon into bite-sized chunks.
- Combine lemon juice, mustard, parsley, capers, yogurt, and in a large bowl.
- Fold in the pasta, artichokes red onions, and salmon. Serve immediately or chill for several hours.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet type: Pescatarian
Diet tags: Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 1 cup
Each serving = 5 Points
PER SERVING: 226 calories; 2.5g fat; 30g carbohydrates; 21g protein; 5g fiber