A true classic comfort food recipe, this easy Ground Beef Stroganoff Casserole delivers the flavors you desire, but with a lot less fat and calories.
Each serving of this lighter version of traditional beef stroganoff has just 7 Points. It’s a fast and easy recipe that is not only economical, but sure to be a family favorite. Even though my toddler isn’t a fan of mushrooms or onions, this ground beef stroganoff dish always goes over well, and he gobbles it up. And I love that it’s a casserole recipe that tastes like it’s very fattening!
I always feel very satisfied after eating it, which is key to staving off those late evening munchies. It’s definitely a staple weeknight night meal idea in my household. Pair it with a fresh salad or zero Points soup for a complete meal that’s easy on your Weight Watchers Points.
Ground Beef Stroganoff Casserole Recipe
This incredibly easy casserole recipe for ground Beef Stroganoff is the perfect comfort food that is filling, yet still Weight Watchers friendly at just 7 Points per serving.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef (96/4)
- 4 cups cooked egg noodles
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion , chopped
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can of Campbell’s 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with non-fat cooking spray and set over medium high heat.
- Add in ground beef and brown with salt and pepper until done, breaking up.
- Add mushrooms, onion and garlic.
- Cook and stir until onion is tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add wine, reduce heat to med-low and simmer 3 minutes.
- Stir in soup, sour cream and mustard until combined.
- Pour noodles into large dish, pour meat mixture over, and toss to coat, then pour all into 13×9-inch baking dish or pan that has been sprayed with non-fat cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.
- Divide into 6 equally sized portions and serve.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet tags: Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (Southern)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1/6th of entire recipe (about 1 ¼ cups)
Each serving = 7 Points
PER SERVING: 312 calories; 6.5g fat; 33g carbohydrates; 25g protein; 3g fiber