A true classic comfort food recipe, this easy Ground Beef Stroganoff Casserole delivers the flavors you desire, but with a lot less fat and calories.
It’s a fast and easy recipe that is not only economical but sure to be a family favorite. Even though my toddler isn’t a fan of mushrooms or onions, this ground beef stroganoff dish always goes over well, and he gobbles it up. And I love that it’s a casserole recipe that tastes like it’s very fattening!
I always feel very satisfied after eating it, which is key to staving off those late evening munchies. It’s definitely a staple weeknight night meal idea in my household. Pair it with a fresh salad or soup for a complete meal that’s easy on your diet.
Ground Beef Stroganoff Casserole Recipe
This incredibly easy casserole recipe for ground Beef Stroganoff is the perfect comfort food that is filling, yet still diet friendly.
- 1 Oven
- 1 Skillet
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef - 96/4
- 4 cups cooked egg noodles
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 10 ¾ oz Campbell’s 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup - 1 can
- ½ cup fat free sour cream
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with non-fat cooking spray and set over medium high heat.
- Add in ground beef and brown with salt and pepper until done, breaking up.
- Add mushrooms, onion and garlic.
- Cook and stir until onion is tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add wine, reduce heat to med-low and simmer 3 minutes.
- Stir in soup, sour cream and mustard until combined.
- Pour noodles into large dish, pour meat mixture over, and toss to coat, then pour all into 13x9-inch baking dish or pan that has been sprayed with non-fat cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.
- Divide into 6 equally sized portions and serve.
Serving: 1.25 cupsCalories: 312 kcal (16%)Carbohydrates: 33 g (11%)Protein: 25 g (50%)Fat: 6.5 g (10%)Fiber: 3 g (13%)
Tried this recipe?Let me know how it was!
I got 9 points. Beef was 15 points, noodles were 23, wine was 3, mushroom soup was 9 and cream cheese was 2.
Have you tried freezing this recipe?
I really despise mushrooms. What do you think i could substitute for the mushroom soup?
Really tasty! This only made 4 servings for us, but I think I screwed up & didn’t cook enough noodles :) I also skipped the baking step……it wasn’t really necessary since everything was already cooked, and I was afraid it would dry out. We enjoyed it a lot!! The mustard & wine really give it a nice flavor.
I agree! I think next time we will skip the baking. I don’t think it really added anything
I put a vegetarian spin on this dish and made it with Boca crumbles,doubled up on the mushrooms and used whole wheat wide noodles.Delicious recipe! Thank you.
Ooooo….nice idea!!!! Thanks for sharing!
Have you tried it with those Tofu Shirataki fettuccine noodles? Lots of noodles for almost no points!
I love this recipe, very similar to one I make from time to time. Great savings on the points +! I add a little grated nutmeg to mine, love the flavor!
Wow! It’s hard to believe this is just 7 points. I haven’t made stroganoff for so long so this would be a good time to have it again. Nice!