A true classic comfort food recipe, this easy Ground Beef Stroganoff Casserole delivers the flavors you desire, but with a lot less fat and calories.
It’s a fast and easy recipe that is not only economical but sure to be a family favorite. Even though my toddler isn’t a fan of mushrooms or onions, this ground beef stroganoff dish always goes over well, and he gobbles it up. And I love that it’s a casserole recipe that tastes like it’s very fattening!
I always feel very satisfied after eating it, which is key to staving off those late evening munchies. It’s definitely a staple weeknight night meal idea in my household. Pair it with a fresh salad or soup for a complete meal that’s easy on your diet.
Ground Beef Stroganoff Casserole Recipe
- 1 Oven
- 1 Skillet
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef - 96/4
- 4 cups cooked egg noodles
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 10 ¾ oz Campbell’s 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup - 1 can
- ½ cup fat free sour cream
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with non-fat cooking spray and set over medium high heat.
- Add in ground beef and brown with salt and pepper until done, breaking up.
- Add mushrooms, onion and garlic.
- Cook and stir until onion is tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add wine, reduce heat to med-low and simmer 3 minutes.
- Stir in soup, sour cream and mustard until combined.
- Pour noodles into large dish, pour meat mixture over, and toss to coat, then pour all into 13x9-inch baking dish or pan that has been sprayed with non-fat cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.
- Divide into 6 equally sized portions and serve.