I came across the original version of this Sweet and Salty Roasted Chickpeas Recipe at the Cupcake Project and was SO excited to try it!
These turned out to be a really yummy treat, and a healthy snack recipe at that. Each serving is 3 Points, and the flavors are just perfect for that late night snack you need while catching up on your DVR shows and can’t decide between a sweet snack or a salty snack.
These roasted chickpeas give you the best of both worlds with the added bonus of fiber and protein. The fiber also helps to make them filling. I think the next time I make these, I might try drizzling them with a tbsp of melted Brummel & Brown Yogurt Spread first, instead of lightly misting them with olive oil. Just the idea of butter, brown sugar and cinnamon on anything makes me drool.
These are definitely a delicious and healthy snack recipe that the whole family can enjoy.
Sweet and Salty Roasted Chickpeas Recipe
The perfect healthy snack recipe that delicious and low calorie! These Sweet and Salty Roasted Chickpeas are a real treat. Just 3 Points per serving.
- 1 16 oz can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed well
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place chickpeas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 450 F for 30 minutes.
- Transfer chickpeas to a bowl, mist lightly with a bit of olive oil from a mister, and mix thoroughly with the rest of the ingredients.
- Enjoy hot, or bring to room temperature and store in an air-tight container. Like popped corn, the chickpeas are never as good the next day. However, they are still quite enjoyable 3-4 days after making them.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1/3 cup
Each serving = 3 Points
PER SERVING: 136 calories; 2.5g fat; 23g carbohydrates; 8g protein; 6g fiber