These Buffalo Chicken Bites are seriously amazing and one of the best recipes I’ve ever made. They are a wonderful, much lighter alternative to traditional Buffalo chicken wings, but for a lot fewer points.
This is an excellent dish to help you satisfy that Buffalo chicken craving.
I like mine super spicy, so I served it with a side of extra Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, but they are also great as is, dipped into a low calorie ranch dressing or low calorie blue cheese dressing.
Pair it with some celery for that authentic feel. These were so amazing, that my husband could not believe it was a light recipe. I’ll definitely be adding this to my list of must make Super Bowl Recipes too!
BUFFALO CHICKEN BITES RECIPE
- 16 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast - (cooked and shredded)
- ½ cup hot sauce
- 4 oz fat free cream cheese - (softened)
- ⅓ cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups Corn Flakes cereal - (crushed)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese, hot sauce, green onions.
- Roll mixture into a 1-1 1/2 inch balls and place onto a plate or separate baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining mixture, until you have 30 balls in total.
- Place flour in a shallow dish.
- In a second shallow dish, place egg substitute.
- In a third shallow dish, place corn flakes.
- Dip each chicken ball first into the flour, then the egg and ending with the Corn Flakes.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm with a low calorie ranch or blue cheese dressing.