I LOVE Thai food and I love my crock pot, so this Crock Pot Thai Green Curry Chicken Recipe was the perfect marriage. Easy to put together, the end result is a delicious and filling green curry chicken that clocks in at only 6 Points per serving.
The only thing that I would do differently next time, is to use fresh vegetables. The frozen Asian stir-fry vegetables that I used tasted fine but were limp and soggy. If you prefer a firm texture to your veggies, then I’d suggest using fresh vegetables instead of frozen ones.
Either way, this is still a super tasty and super easy Weight Watchers Crock Pot Recipe. Serve it over some brown rice or noodles for a complete meal.
Crock Pot Thai Green Curry Chicken Recipe
A quick and healthy meal in the crock pot, this Thai Green Curry Chicken is just the ticket when you are craving the flavors of Thai food. But this healthier version is loaded with protein and fiber and offers a very filling serving for just 6 Points.
- 1 Slow Cooker
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken breasts - diced
- 1 medium yellow onion - thinly sliced
- 16 oz stir fry vegetables - or use your choice of fresh, 1 bag
- 15 oz light coconut milk - 1 can
- 5 garlic cloves - minced
- Juice from 1 lime
- 3 tbsp green curry paste
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Salt and pepper chicken, and place inside the crock pot.
- Cover with onion slices.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, lime juice, garlic, sugar, and curry paste, and pour over the chicken and onions.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours.
- During the last 30-45 min of cooking, add in the vegetables. Then, in a small bowl, mix cornstarch with 1 tbsp water and add to the crock pot with the vegetables. Cook until vegetables are heated through and the curry sauce thickens.
Serving: 1.5 cupsCalories: 272 kcal (14%)Carbohydrates: 17 g (6%)Protein: 28 g (56%)Fat: 8.5 g (13%)Fiber: 3 g (13%)
Tried this recipe?Let me know how it was!
I thought this recipe was SO GOOD. It tasted very similar to the yellow curry I usually order when I get Thai food – I guess my taste buds are color blind. They make theirs with peas and cut up potatoes. I will try it that way next time… I may never have to order yellow curry (or the Pad Thai and crab rangoon that somehow always make it into my order) again!
I was disappointed with this recipe. I found it to be very bland with not much flavor at all. My family agreed with me. I would definitely not prepare it again. The taste did not offset the cost of buying items that I don’t normally keep at home.
I enjoyed this recipe. I did 7 hours in the crockpot on low and added fresh veggies an hour before it was done. The veggies were tender, if you like crunchier veggies I suggest 40 minutes before!
If using fresh veggies would you put them in earlier?
Do you cook the chicken prior to putting it in the Crock Pot?
Can you sub curry powder for the paste?