Chili has always been one of my go to foods when I want to eat a lot without using a lot of Points. It’s heartier than a soup, very filling, and I can eat more than 1 serving without feeling guilty. Plus, it’s insanely healthy, and full of fiber and protein. My White Turkey Chili Recipe is the perfect example of what I’m talking about. I even dressed it up with mozzarella cheese and plain, non-fat Greek yogurt, and each serving still camne in at just 5 Points….and it was delicious! The mozzarella gets all melty, and the ground turkey gets nice and moist from stewing a while in the citric acid of the tomatillos. SO GOOD! This can also be made with fresh tomatillos, if you prefer. Either way, it’s a delicious and unique Weight Watchers chili recipe that is sure to fill you up without using many Points. Enjoy!
White Turkey Chili
A unique twist on traditional chili recipes, this tasty white chili is immensely satisfying and delicious. Easy to prepare with little preparation and it makes great leftovers, it’s a real bargain at just 5 Points per serving. Of course, it’s also topped with cheese and a healthier alternative to sour cream, for your eating pleasure.
- 1lb extra lean ground turkey breast
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28oz can tomatillos
- 2 4oz can roasted green chilies
- 1 15oz can cannellini beans
- 2 cups fat free chicken stock
- 3 fresh jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1 cup part skim mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro and lime wedges for garnish (optional)
- Spray a large Dutch oven with non-fat cooking spray and set over medium high heat.
- Add in onions and garlic, and sauté until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in ground took, and cook while breaking up meet, until turkey is browned, about 6-8 minutes. If turkey starts to stick to pot while cooking, add in a bit of the chicken broth as necessary to help de-glaze it from the pot.
- Add in jalapenos, cumin, coriander, oregano and salt and pepper, and cook until peppers begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatillos, chilies and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer, and then lower to medium-low heat. Cover and let cook for about an hour.
- Add in cannellini beans and cook for another 30-45 minutes.
- Serve with a 2 heaping tablespoons of mozzarella cheese, a heaping tablespoon of yogurt, and garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 2 hour(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 1 ¼ cup with cheese and yogurt dollop
Each serving = 5 Points
PER SERVING: 228 calories; 6g fat; 13g carbohydrates; 29g protein; 6g fiber