Japanese Cucumber Salad
An easy and delicious side salad recipe for your favorite meal, this is light and refreshing. It’s a great combination of sweet and sour with a delicate nutty flavor from the sesame seeds.
- 4 Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 a small white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Place cucumbers, dill and onions in a medium sized bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and sugar until sugar is fully dissolved.
- Pour vinegar over cucumbers and onions, toss well. Top with toasted sesame seeds.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, Raw
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Japanese
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1/2 cup
Each serving = 1 Point
PER SERVING: 32 calories; 0g fat; 7g carbohydrates; 1g protein; 1g fiber