I haven’t always been a big fan of salmon, or any other fish that, well, tastes like fish. But in many instances, I have had salmon prepared a certain way so that the fish flavor was barely there, and the sauce was just so amazing, I would have eaten just about anything that was covered in it.
This Chili Glazed Salmon with Siracha Cream Sauce Recipe is one of those instances. I had some fresh salmon on hand and went to work creating a deliciously sweet chili glaze sauce, and then went a step further and made a quick Siracha cream sauce.
The combination of the two flavors was excellent, and my husband and I both really enjoyed this Weight Watchers salmon recipe. I’m so happy that I’ve found another great way to get more salmon in my diet! Enjoy.
CHILI GLAZED SALMON WITH SRIRACHA CREAM SAUCE RECIPE
- 1 ½ lbs salmon - (cut into 6 fillets)
- ⅓ cup chili sauce
- ¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 ½ tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup scallions - (diced)
- To make chili glaze for the salmon, combine chili sauce, soy sauce, ginger, brown sugar, and 3 garlic cloves. Mix well.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, and spray with an olive oil mister or non-fat cooking spray.
- Place salmon on baking sheet, and spoon glaze evenly over each fillet. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- While salmon is marinating, make Sriracha cream sauce by combining yogurt, mayo, Sriracha, lemon juice, salt and remaining garlic clove. Mix well and set aside.
- Preheat broiler, and spoon any marinade remaining on baking sheet over salmon fillets. Broil salmon without turning until cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes, depending on thickness of fillet.
- Serve each salmon fillet with a drizzle of the Sriracha cream sauce and garnish with green onions.