If I’ve learned one thing from marrying an Israeli, it’s that Middle Eastern food is AMAZING. Seriously, AMAZING. I have learned so much about the fantastic flavors of the Middle East and have been there quite a few times to taste it first hand.
Plus, when my in-laws come to visit us here in CA, I put them to work in the kitchen immediately and watch everything they do. Every time we visit Israel, my father in law cooks at least one huge dinner with a variety of grilled meats. One of my favorites are the chicken kebabs.
And that is the recipe I’m going to share today.
Now, I know you may have had grilled chicken kebabs a million and a half times, but these Lebanese Grilled Chicken Kebabs are going to be one of the tastiest you’ve ever had. The chicken is marinated in a yogurt and tomato paste marinade that is spiked with delicious seasonings. The result is tender, moist and ridiculously delicious grilled chicken kebabs.
So, with summer in full force, it’s time to fire up that grill and give these Lebanese Grilled Chicken Kebabs a try.
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into small 1” chunks)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 large zucchini (cut into chunks)
- 3/4 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients except the chicken and vegetables.
- Place the chicken chunks into the mixture, and mix to coat. Cover, place in refrigerator and marinate chicken overnight or at least 5 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Skewer chicken and vegetables.
- Grill about 8-10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. After removing from grill, place skewers in a large pot or roasting pan and cover with a lid, letting it rest about 10 minutes before serving. This helps the chicken keep moist.
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 2 skewers
Each serving = 1 Point*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value