It is a fact that I have a minor obsession with Shrimp Spring Rolls. While I love the roll itself, I am mostly just looking for a vehicle for that delicious peanut dipping sauce they come with! Sooooooo GOOD.
Light, fresh, doesn’t involve cooking….perfect for a hot summer’s day lunch. Never thinking that it would be a feat I could conquer, for months, I toyed with the idea of trying to make my own Shrimp Spring Rolls. If I was able to do this, I would be able to have an endless supply of them, readily available at my whim.
It was worth a shot.
So I got to work and did my best to recreate a healthier, Weight Watchers Shrimp Spring Roll Recipe that would satisfy my craving, yet still be low in Points.
While my rolling and display skills may not be on par with professional Shrimp Spring Roll Maker Guys, the flavor profile I established was on point!! They were absolutely delicious. And the peanut lime dipping sauce was just as tasty as I hoped and prayed it would be.
These light, fresh, low calorie Shrimp Spring Rolls make me super happy, and I make them much more often than I care to admit.
- 12 oz cooked shrimp (tail off)
- 12 rice paper spring roll wrappers
- 2 cups romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 1 medium carrot (cut into matchsticks)
- 1 medium cucumber (peeled and cut into matchsticks)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup fresh mint (finely chopped)
- 4 tbsp Better’n Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Juice from 1/2 a small lime
- 1/2 tbsp lime zest
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Better’n Peanut Butter, lime juice, lime zest, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, garlic cloves and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Fill a shallow bowl with hot, but not boiling, water. Submerge 1 spring roll wrapper until softened.
- Assemble spring rolls: lay one wrapper flat, and in the center lengthwise, place some lettuce, mint, cilantro, carrot, cucumber, and about 3 shrimp. Fold the long edge of the wrapper over ingredients. Then fold in ends and continue rolling wrapper lengthwise. Place seam side down on a plate. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 2 shrimp spring rolls and 2 tbsp dipping sauce
Each serving = 4 Points*
*based only on ingredients with an SP Freestyle value