This Tomato Basil Chicken Recipe is incredibly delicious, it’s really hard to believe it’s SO easy and is just 1 Point per serving!!
I came across the original version at Menu Musings, and I was eager to give it a try and see if my slimmed down version could look and taste as good.
The recipe is pretty basic, so I only needed to make a few small tweaks to make it Weight Watchers friendly. The outcome is unreal…moist, juicy chicken smothered in the most decadent tomato basil sauce you can imagine.
This easy, low Points chicken recipe has become a staple around here for when I’m just too busy or tired to put a lot of effort into cooking. But by the taste of it, you’d think I spent hours slaving away in the kitchen. Serve over pasta or eat as is. Enjoy!
TOMATO BASIL CHICKEN RECIPE
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless (boneless chicken breasts, cut into 6 fillets)
- 2 tbsp light butter
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray a medium sized non-stick skillet with non-fat cooking spray or an olive oil mister and set over medium high heat.
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt, pepper and oregano. Place into pan and cook about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until chicken is almost entirely cooked through.
- Turn the heat down to medium and then add in the tomatoes and garlic. Cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in basil and butter, and stir until combined. Season with additional salt and pepper as desired. Turn heat to low and let sit for about 5 more minutes.